Top 10 SUP Destinations
We've sought out the top 10 destinations to do stand up paddle boarding and are sharing them with you. Stand-up paddleboarding known as SUP originated in Hawaii. It is the fastest growing watersport in the U.S. As a cross between kayaking and surfing, it's a fun way to get out on a lake, river or ocean and offers a great fitness benefit too.
1. Oahu, Hawaii - summer season in Hawaii provides calm waters which is perfect for paddleboarding.
2. San Diego, California - Mission Bay located just north of downtown San Diego is the perfect location for flat water. Need a little extra? Paddling out to the ocean is easy and the shoreline is beautiful.
3. Bali - one of the best year-round destinations for SUP with its consistent glassy waters.
4. Turks and Caicos Islands - surrounded by turquoise waters and coral reefs, this provides an awesome view of sea life.
5. Lake Tahoe, California - summer time in Tahoe is the perfect scenery for mountains and crystal clear waters and no shortage of coastline to explore.
6. Australia - offers SUP tours, surfing and lots of fun down under.
7. Bahamas - perfect destination year round, the Bahamas offer blue waters and adventurous shoreline.
8. Costa Rica - explore the nature reserves, ride the waves off the coast or enjoy a sunset while gliding on the water, Costa Rica has it all!
9. Key West, Florida - easy access from the U.S. and perfect setup for sunrise paddle sesh.
10. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - is ideal for all levels. Enjoy the calm, warm waters of Mexico while keeping an eye out for dolphins, whales and even sea turtles along the way!