Top 10 Surfing Destinations
Most surfers are on the lookout for wind, swell, direction, tides and where the seafloor meet. We have scoped out some of top destinations in the world and narrowed it down to 10 based on landscape and best waves.
10. Manu Bay, Raglan, New Zealand - great local spot where bars and cafes play surfing videos and you might get lucky enough to meet the veterans from Endless Summer filmed in the 1960's.
9. Surfrider Beach, Malibu, California - although a heavily populated surfing spot, Surfrider Beach offers small perfectly formed crests. Don't forget your wetsuit!
8. Lima, Peru - waves tend to break in three section off of the pier; large, medium and small offering clean, long rides for any level surfer.
7. Bali, Indonesia - this island attracts surfers from Australia and Hawaii as well as beginners across the globe.
6. Jeffrey's Bath, South Africa - J Bay offers long fast barrels off an intense point break. Expert surfers paradise.
5. San Diego, California - known as the best surfing spot on the mainland, Black Beach in San Diego offers powerful breaks that come with strong currents. This may not be advisable for beginners.
4. Costa Rica - a legendary surf spot and full of hardcore surfers, this is a year round surfing destination. We recommend Costa Rica for beginners and pros alike.
3. Maldives - one of the more breathtaking landscapes, the Maldives offer a consistent reef wave that is absolutely pumping in the spring.
2. Gold Coast, Australia - known as a surfers paradise, these beaches stretch for 70 km providing quality waves and plenty of space for a must see surfing travel destination.
1. Oahu, Hawaii - have you seen Blue Crush? Pipeline is the big daddy of all waves and a true surfers top destination.